Hello it is 12/31/14!!!!! Where did the year go???? As we go into the New Year here are a few tips on how to create the dining and kitchen tables-scape of your dreams. My Mom told me I love to decorate more than I love to cook. True it is my passion and strength. I love to see a beautiful table ready for a dinner party, brunch or celebrations or just because.
Layer on Layer on Layer….
1. Dishes and glasses -Buy white dishes. The food colors can be seen easier. Last year I invested in some white square plates. They give a modern vibe. Invest in crystal glasses you will have forever. I love these blue glasses from Pier one.
2.. Desert plates – Can use different colors in desert plates just for fun. Layer and mix your sauces, desert plates, coffee mugs, etc. it is ok to mix and match your dishes and smaller plates.
3. Linen and placemats- Use more than one placemat in coordinating colors. Use a table pad under the table linen to protect your investment. Sometimes I place one under the other and use the one underneath to eat on.
4. Napkins-Try different folds to create different looks with your napkins. Personalized napkins are nice When buying paper napkins find the ones with the cute saying like – ‘Girl you look good!’
5. Chargers- Can really play big in your tables-cape. I have a brown lizard one I love. The gold square one is amazing with the white dishes.
6. Cutlery- Choose a set that you love and suit your style. I have gold but a bamboo design would also be perfect because I have a tropical set with pineapple base.
6 Rug – Place table on a rug in a color that coordinates but not necessary match the walls. Make sure the rug is large enough so that the chairs are on it.
7. Pillow and Curtains Add a pillow for comfort and to add some color and texture. Make sure your curtains make the statement that flow entire design and hang them as close to the ceiling as possible.
The kitchen tables can be less formal and used daily. Every now and then when hosting a party or just want change why not try some of these tips and let me know if this was helpful.